Monday, April 15, 2019

I am a Democrat; I always was, and I always will be.


That being said, my anger at the corruption, hypocrisy and alternately cringing and unabashed dishonesty of the Democratic Party is not the only reason that I don’t apologize for having provided such support to the Trump administration as I’ve been able to do since President Trump was elected.  Anyone whose individual voice is heard by a President should consider it an honor and a privilege.  Nobody is as chagrined as I am that my limited formal education and stress-induced emotional fluctuations have prevented me from being as helpful as I might otherwise be.  I don’t seek employment by this White House, nor do I plan to be employed by any White House.  My First Amendment right is enough for me; for all of its faults and imperfections, the United States is a good place.

My interactions with the Obama administration, many of which were squandered by my lack of political experience, gave me some informal training about how not to talk to or about a President.  There were times when President Obama was receptive to some of what I said; I did not take full advantage of those times.  Knowing when and how to do that is an essential skill, and I’m still far from being a political professional. 

This doesn’t excuse what the Obama administration allowed the conglomerate to do.  Nobody can be prepared for every turn of world events, but you have to at least try to effectively address those events.  The Obama administration didn’t try the way that it should have, and it even participated in some of the conglomerate’s terrible activities.  The conglomerate has undermined society.  Deliberately, systematically, remorselessly, the conglomerate has attacked fundamental morality and promoted a global hierarchy of predation, predicated on power.  

I like to characterize the way that I began and have continued my interactions with the Trump administration as being neither naïve nor cynical.  The conglomerate doesn’t like to acknowledge my right to have opinions about my life; there is not one statement that I can make about why I do things that the conglomerate doesn’t ridicule as being false.  I’m not sure why the conglomerate hasn’t stopped calling me a liar; 100% of the time, for 9 years, it has been wrong about every celebrity or other prominent person whom it has accused me of trying to pick up or otherwise exploit.

My gender, my poverty, and perhaps also my age, are major stumbling blocks for the conglomerate’s perception of me; greed and laziness are the only motivations, and stereotypically “feminine” manipulation the only tactic, which the conglomerate is willing to assign to me.  In June 2019, I’ll start my 7th year of homelessness since 2011.  Since 2010, more wealthy people than I can count or recall have spent literally millions of dollars displaying their interest in having me on their Mistress Payroll.  I have declined every invitation, through every crisis which my lack of financial resources has caused me, and I don’t know what else the conglomerate needs to have happen to me for the conglomerate to stop accusing me of being mercenary.

Since his election, when I took stock of President Trump in the reality of his Presidency, I have said that he is a lot smarter than his detractors want to think that he is.  Despite the divergence of our thoughts about several things, that continues to be my opinion, and it also continues to be my opinion that those who would rather set him at the center of an ongoing political maelstrom rather than to relate to him honestly and respectfully, even while in disagreement with him, are being arrogant and childish.  They are wasting time; the world has so many problems that need to be solved that the smugness of those who would rather use their interactions with him as grandstanding for the media and other cliques are doing a disservice to everyone.

Although the conglomerate’s main recreations are malicious scrutiny of me and gossip about me, there are probably few to no people who read or who chose to remember or to tell anyone that I advocated for the appointment of a Special Counsel to investigate accusations against then-newly-elected President Trump.  I published a page about it.  My reasoning was that the constant barrage of accusations was deleterious to the ability of anyone trying to create progress for the United States, and that a single line of inquiry, to which those making accusations would be accountable and at the end of which President Trump would either succeed or fail, would be better for everyone.  I left it up to qualified others to determine the facts and render judgment, and while that was taking place, I was free to consider other subjects, to write about them, to give my opinion, to ask questions, and to refuse to be a part of what can only be described as irresponsible hysteria.  Famine and other epidemics are not eradicated from the planet, are they?  I prefer to think that I have chosen most consistently to have empathy with the perspective of someone who is dying from one of those problems, rather than to spend my time in speculation about a process which I don’t control and to which I have no ability or authority to give meaningful information. 

The idea that someone is innocent until proven guilty is not about emotion.  It is not about believability.  It is about principle, but it’s not only about principle.  It allows people who are accused of infractions to continue in their current professional and personal roles until such time as a legal and defined process indicates that those roles should change.