Friday, May 24, 2019

I believe you, President Trump.

I just wish that you would do something about the situation in Syria. War is not glamorous. The entertainment industry's unrealistic portrayals of one-person armies that can take on a lot of people at once have not helped the world to be a peaceful place. When people have to go to war, they have to go to war and it's always a tragedy. The use of a gun should always be treated as a necessary evil, not entertainment. It's also terrible that the United States, which is so full of unnecessary violence and which has been so puffed up with its own purported fabulousness for centuries, is unwilling, with the rest of the world, to stop the torture and mass murder of people who are trying to start a democracy. We are not a better country than other countries; we just have more money and more power than many of them, and we should be using those things to help people who are oppressed. The way that I and everyone around me are being victimized every day is also bad. It's not funny; it's a human rights abuse. I live with it because I have to live with it, not because I like it. It's a miserably elitist way to treat people. Who's more of a coward than a voyeur?