Sunday, May 26, 2019

Please don't hack my phone.

Please don't hack my email.

Please don't hack my bank account.

Please respect my right to privacy.

Why am I being treated by so many people as if I don't have the feelings that they would have if they were being treated the way that they have treated me for so many years?  I have never hacked a phone.  I have never hacked a bank account.  I have never treated anyone this way, nor would I ever want to do this to anyone.

Why is it that, among all of the apologists for people such as Woody Allen and Roman Polanski, those who argue not only that these men might be innocent of the crimes of which they're accused but also that, even if they're guilty, it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with watching their movies, there isn't one person who has acted as if I, a victim of sexual crime every day for years, have the right to watch anyone's movie or listen to anyone's music in private, at my own phone, without being accused of liking being sexually violated and wanting the crimes against me and other unsuspecting people to continue?

I never thought that Woody Allen's movies were all that funny or brilliant; I never really knew what all the fuss was about.  "Bullets Over Broadway" was funny when I saw it, before I knew how horrible the entertainment industry is or had started thinking about the entertainment industry's misogyny.  It's funny in an ironic way now.  Is the entire entertainment industry plagiarizing other people?  I also don't think it's a problem that I have never seen a movie by Roman Polanski.