Friday, August 23, 2019

Not that I don't really dislike Taylor Swift, because I do, but this is offensive.

Quote:


Which says something quite loudly. Swift’s antagonists have always been intimates, and the joy she’s taken in either loving them or eviscerating them has always been evident, and thrilling. But lashing out against the Kanye-Kardashian industrial complex was an awkward fit, and also bad business.


“Lover,” her reassuringly strong seventh album, is a palate cleanse, a recalibration and a reaffirmation of old strengths. It’s a transitional album designed to close one particularly bruised chapter and suggest ways to move forward — or in some cases, to return to how things once were. Once again, Swift’s concerns are largely interior: who to love, how to love, how to move on when love is gone.



Article:  

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/23/arts/music/taylor-swift-lover-review.html


_____________________________________________________________________


I'll start by saying that I really want Taylor Swift and everyone else who hacks my phone and watches me in the bathroom to stop doing those things.  It is not at all thrilling for me; it is a nightmare.

The tone of the New York Times article is, perhaps inadvertently, condescending.  The message is for women not to fight back when people are horrible to them, that it's "awkward" and "bad business."  The message is also that it's "reassuring" to everyone when women's "concerns are largely interior:  who to love, how to love, how to move on when love is gone."

Not that I have anything against pastels, and there were certainly many things about some of her previous work to which I have objected, but her retreat to feminine stereotypes is as alarming to me as it is reassuring to the New York Times critic.



It's also misleading.  She is watching me and everyone else whom I have said is being criminally victimized by hidden, illegal cameras in bathrooms throughout the Boston area, and she is hacking my phone.

Amidst the professional and personal permutations of celebrities, the media, corporations, the government, and the rest of the world, year after year, what doesn't change is the abuse inflicted on me and everyone else who is impacted by that abuse. 


One of my other consistent messages to the entertainment industry since 2010 is, of course, not mentioned by this article:  Why don't these multimillionaires want the college educations that they'd have no difficulty paying for?