Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Bella Thorne

Also, I don't know if it has occurred to you that the abuse and neglect that were inflicted on you when you were younger, in addition to being part of an industry which values girls and women almost exclusively according to their bodies, have defined your ideas about yourself in a hypersexualized way.  Do you feel that your Tweets and other publications about sex are you contributing to the world about healthy sexuality, or are they driven by shame and a need for approval?

Do these words sound like what you feel after you have published something about sex:

"Do you love me now? What about now? Do you think you're going to stop loving me? What if I do this?  Do you think that's bad? If you do, maybe someone else won't."

I'm paraphrasing.  Feel free to dispute my theory.

If you weren't beautiful, how would you be living your life?  What would you depend on for some happiness every day?  A lot of people live their entire lives without being beautiful; have you thought about how they manage it?  I'm not calling you superficial.  I'm asking questions that people don't always ask of young women who are successful.

Do you think that you are breaking stereotypes or inhabiting them?