Friday, January 31, 2020

You know, I'm really neither lying nor delusional.



I realize that you don't want to believe that you  and almost every other politician in the country have ignored and minimized the years that I have blogged about hidden, illegal cameras criminally victimizing people throughout the Boston area.  However, if you had taken it seriously all those years ago, or even a few months ago, it wouldn't have gotten worse and worse.

This issue isn't going away.  I don't fault Senator Warren any more than any other candidate who has neglected this issue, and I still think she'd be a good President, but you are all in denial.  While you remain in denial, people are being criminally violated every day.

I know that the entire Squad banded together to demonize and ridicule me for the 1st three years of the current White House administration.  I don't apologize and I won't apologize.  You don't tell me what to think.  You and the Democratic Party as a group are the ones who have failed all of your stated principles of caring about women's rights and regular people, not me.  All I did was deal with reality.  President Trump has never had reason to think that I was supporting the Republican Party's platform; I have always emphatically said that I am a Democrat, despite how miserably I have been treated.  

Your support of Kobe Bryant was appalling.  Every prominent person and organization extolling his virtues are being appalling. He put a ball through a hoop.  That didn't entitle him to forcibly rape a teenager and get away with it, which he absolutely did.

The support which some women of color are giving to his memory is having the very unfortunate effect of tilting people who are not women or not of color toward absolving him.  I don't recall you Tweeting now or in the past about the black community's silence about sexual abuse, the fear and the misguided sense of guilt which victims of color feel about reporting black men to the police and risking the reinforcement of stereotypes.  Why am I having to introduce that issue at this time, a white woman with 6 years of urban homelessness to my name, whom you would rather despise?

Why? Because I have heard the stories, I have seen the bloodied faces, I have slept in bunk beds inches away from women who can't sleep through the night without waking up screaming, I have seen the mental illness, I have seen the drug addiction, I have seen the missing teeth, the battered bodies and the hopelessness, and I know that abuse respects no race.  From what I hear of homeless men's lives, abuse doesn't respect gender, either.  The exploitation of Me Too to make women who were already wealthy and powerful in the entertainment industry even more wealthy and powerful and, incredibly, even more invested in blaming their own victims of voyeurism, has excluded male survivors from the conversation at every level from local to international.  

The homeless shelters don't do anything to provide support to survivors of sexual abuse.  I know you don't want to hear that, either.  It's probably the same all over the country.  Why are people who don't have my experience of living in homeless shelters doing everything they can not to believe what I'm saying about that?   It's not that shelters can't be structured to provide that support; they just don't care enough.  They do not, and every word they say about how much they're doing to support homeless people is a pathological lie.  Homeless shelters are pits of despair.  

As for how race and politics have affected my individual situation, I don't like to talk about it but I will because I have about had it with what seem to be assumptions about me.  When Governor Baker was elected, some of the s--- in Massachusetts eased up on me.  It didn't go away, but it eased up a little bit.  I'm not going to hypothesize about why that is.