Thursday, February 20, 2020

Nightmare

In the nightmare, I was sleeping in the apartment that I have now.  Things kept appearing and disappearing; I thought they might have been possessions of former occupants.

Suddenly there was a naked man in my bathroom.  I went into the hallway, which had men standing in the doorways of all the other apartments.  They were going to rape me and all the other women in the building.  One of them tried to prevent me from leaving, but I was able to leave.  Then I was running on one street after another like being in a video game.

I had that nightmare tonight.  I have lived in this apartment since the end of August 2019.  I have had more nightmares since living here than in the rest of my life put together.  I think hopelessness is causing them, the unending viciousness of too many people to continue to believe in the good of humanity.