Sunday, March 29, 2020

Grotesque entitlement

That's the only explanation I can think of for why such a large group of people feels no remorse or concern about the criminal victimization of the public.

As sad and horrifying as this explanation is, it is the only way that I can start to try to restore some of my faith in humanity.  To believe that all people are this bad is to feel that there's no hope.  What I think I need to start considering is how the excess of money and power combined with the dearth of personal responsibility and what was perhaps described years ago as a "cult of personality" have really made everyone who knows that I'm telling the truth think of these crimes against the public as part of a rich and famous lifestyle.  Maybe they don't think their behavior is criminal; maybe they think it is risque, decadent, avant-garde or some similar pile of horseshit.

Celebrities aren't the only ones involved, as I have said before.  I don't know how to incorporate the depressing facts of this situation into a belief system about human nature that isn't totally pessimistic.