Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Don't talk about it.

That's what I was thinking.

I was thinking "Either don't Google Justin and Hailey Bieber or don't talk about it if you do."

Failure.  I'm a failure.

Maybe not everyone who gets married at 22 or 24 is too young, but these people are.

Background for those who don't know the story:

They dated a few years ago, then broke up and didn't even really talk until a few months ago, when he decided to Little Black Book his exes in succession, and there she was, sitting in his church where he drops off his girlfriends to promote his brand of religion and in case he ever wants to date them again.

______

Justin Bieber,

Half of the people with whom you had Thanksgiving this year are also the people who didn't safely guide you through your adolescence of fame and fortune, correct?  The life skills which they gave you did not prevent you from collapsing into drug addiction.

The other half are led by your wife's father, who orchestrated your meeting her and who has wielded significant influence over the process of your engagement.  Whenever I'm saying something that isn't true, I'd rather be corrected than not, so you can think about it.

You also feel that you were rescued from your spiral by the church into which you later initiated the indoctrination of the then-Ms. Baldwin, correct?  She subsequently sat there for the next few years, and it seems to me that she did that for her own interests.  I'm not calling her a phony; she probably believes in G-d, but she chose her spiritual pursuits somewhere that she thought she had the most chance of running into you.

I don't want to know how many people you, the celebrity couple, are going to help your church bilk out of their bits and pieces of money, before the church has a public scandal.  I don't care if this offends you; I have spent a few years respecting you enough to tell you when I think that your actions are consistently below your actual level of intelligence.

Why did you get married?  To prove to me that I don't tell you what to do?

I already knew that I don't tell you what to do.  I always know that; it is impossible to say, for years, "Please stop the voyeurism," without it stopping, and not to know the extent of how much I don't tell the participants what to do.

I don't know if it has occurred to you that you have spent most of your life playing a role that is scripted by other people as part of grand schemes for their own lives, and looking at your life from the outside to see if it makes a good picture.  I'm not saying that nothing about those people was positive or that none of them really cared about you; I'm emphasizing that you don't have to do things because other people really want you to do them.

You have a lot of time.  You don't have to be married now.