Saturday, June 1, 2019

I support LGBTQ rights, but I don't even know how to describe my revulsion at Taylor Swift's political pretenses.

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor



"I hope we can all continue to put aside partisan affiliations when it comes to matters of basic human rights," she says.



Maybe I should be nicer about her.  Maybe I should say "It's progress for you to try to care about other people; eventually perhaps you'll stop personally victimizing the public without the public's knowledge or consent, as part of a gang of parasitic, wealthy bullies who think it's funny to watch less wealthy people in the bathroom."  Maybe I think that she really likes the attention that she gets as Time magazine's favorite "feminist icon" when she writes a grammatically correct sentence.

I don't need to be an icon.  I need my rights to be respected.