Tuesday, March 31, 2020

$700 for worse than nothing

When I moved to my current apartment at the end of August 2019, I didn't cancel the membership at the gym that I have had since September 2017.  I needed that membership while I was homeless, first to have a locker because there's always a waiting list for lockers at homeless shelters, and also to have somewhere to shower and change clothes to go to work.  As I have said before, the Pine Street Inn women's shelter only allows guests to shower for 10 minutes, and only in the evening after waiting in line.

The conglomerate had no remorse at all about the illegal filming of me and everyone else in the locker rooms, showers and bathrooms of several of that gym's locations.  We're all just entertainment as far as everyone who participated in that crime is concerned.  

It's the second brand of gym where I and everyone around me have been victimized by these crimes.  It seems to happen everywhere that I try to live a normal life.  I couldn't afford to lose the gym's resources, so I didn't try to talk to anyone who worked there about the voyeurism.  However, I did send anonymous text messages to Crime Stoppers at the Boston Police Department several times, reporting the voyeurism.  The police did nothing.  I also published blog page after blog page with the information for Crime Stoppers, asking that people who knew that I was telling the truth corroborate it to Crime Stoppers, and it doesn't seem as if anyone did.  

I haven't continued to use that gym, but I haven't cancelled the membership.  I haven't known what to do, if I should try to talk to someone who works there about it now that having a membership isn't so crucial to my ability to maintain cleanliness and to work.  It is painful to try to talk to people about this issue and not to be believed.  

So, on the first of every month, I have been charged almost $100 for a service that I don't use, administered by a business which knowingly or unknowingly has allowed hundreds, if not thousands, of people who also pay for their memberships to be criminally victimized for years while the conglomerate laughs at all of my requests for corroboration and the people who run the country make excuses in one way or another about why they think there's nothing to investigate.