Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A shocked hypothesis

I have now signed up for a couple of dating websites, one casual and one for relationships.  I think I'm probably too chicken to take anyone up on offers at the casual website, but I noticed something and want to discuss it.

There seems to be a disproportionate percentage of single, black men at the casual website.  Almost all of the views that my profile has received are from black men.

It has now made me question if black couples need more mainstream support to stay together.  It also makes me think that being successfully established as a black man continues to be much more difficult than for a white man.

I didn't expect to be made sad for anyone other than myself by trying out online websites, but I was today.

Almost nobody under the age of 40 has contacted me, by the way.  Younger men are not interested.